Thursday, May 9, 2013

Don't Make Me Leave


I thought I’m going to lose you today
You said I’d only be hurt then you pushed me away
After all we talked about, you’ll just quit?
Did you forget that you and I are the perfect fit?

You told me I’d better be with your friend
And that my happiness is what you intend
But I just don’t understand why you said that in spite
You’re giving me up without a god damn fight.

Your judgment is deliberately wrong
But then I thought I’d just ride along
Because I abhor hearing you speak in intense worry
That we can never be, but you know, I’m in no hurry

I can and I will wait for you
No matter what it is that you have to do
I understand your responsibilities
Remember, I will support you will all these.

I cried with confusion with what you said
First you were insensitively pushing me away
Then cried that without me you’d rather be dead
Now do you want me to stay?

Everyone was worried about you
You were crying hard and I didn’t know what to do
So I said “Shall we try to make this work?”
Then you answered “Please stay” with a smirk.

Of course I want to be with your forever
I didn’t even think about leaving ever
My thoughts are with you and I hope you’d believe
That being your princess makes me very pleased.

So I am asking you my prince please
To be the love that won’t make me leave
I won’t allow you to be “the one that got away”
But if you go, I’ll love you with all that I am anyway.

Composed on September 30, 2012
Edited and Finalized October 6, 2012

This poem is inspired by someone I don't want to lose.
And, I never would want to.
Someone more precious than a Gem to me.
-Enms-

No comments:

Post a Comment